Tuesday, September 24, 2013

4th Appointment - Top Braces

10th Sep 2013, Tuesday

Went for my appointment bright and early at 8:15AM. Reached early to avoid rain, so had breakfast at Han's! 

The whole procedures took around 45mins. With me spending most of the time watching Avengers on the TV by the ceiling. 

Firstly, to place the bands with the right size. I've seen comments online that the process hurts as their Ortho used a lot of strength to push it in. Mine had no pain at all.

After that, I had no idea what they did. But I can only say, the whole thing was painless.
First day with the braces! No pain at all except you can feel a layer of metal between the lips and the teeth. Things changed after I had a nap. Can feel the tightness already.

Practically couldn't chew for the first 5-6 days. All I could do was swallow so it resulted in me having a hard time to release the waste back to nature. They couldn't digest properly in my body.



'
Day 5
The colour of the brackets slowly changed to mint green and now, at week two, it's more of pale green.

After the first week, I could chew normally already except still not used to food getting stucked. And I mean ALOT of food. Until I feel like I'm a hamster storing food by the side of my cheeks. 

Week 2
Can bite off something like burger without cutting it in smaller pieces already. Still pissed with the food getting stuck part. I'm sure it'll still happen for the next two years.

Around a couple of days after putting the bands, you will feel slight pain at the side of the cheeks due to the bands that pop out to hold the wire. Especially when you chew your food. The friction causes it to be more painful. But after awhile, the cheek will form a rough surface around the area and you can't feel the pain anymore. 

So far, only had one ulcer. Thank god! And no frictions between the metal brackets and the lips. 

Tip: Bring lots of sweets after the procedures as you can taste a very metalish bitter taste for a few hours. The sweets can help to cover up the taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment