Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Second Consultation - Prices

And so, I went for my second consultation that involves the introduction of different braces available for me to choose.

1. The normal metal kind
2. Ceramic which serves the same thing as the metal kind except that the brackets are transparent to make it less obvious.
3. Invisalign which I was hoping to opt for it.

Was quoted:
1. Metal - $3900
2. Ceramic - $4400
3. Invisalign - $7000

And that's how I was forced to let go the option of Invisalign. Chose Metal as since both Ceramic and Metal serve the same quality, why pay more? I don't think people will notice the difference unless they look up close. And, if any reasons the brackets dropped off, the clinic would fix it back free of charge. As for Ceramic, they will charge $90 for each bracket as it's more expensive.

My charges and payment details:

$3900 - less 5% as I paid full payment instead of instalment = $3705
$3705 - $215 (x-ray and models that I took in the first consultation) = $3490
$3490 + $244.30 (GST) = $3734.30

The package is inclusive of scaling and polishing once every three months throughout the treatment.

Paid $2250 on my own and mom paid the rest first in order to gain the 5% discount. More debts!

No extractions needed for now. Will see my mouth/lip 'shape' after 6 - 8 months into treatment and decide if I want to extract. No idea how to explain it well.


Next appointment will be putting in the separators!

No comments:

Post a Comment